Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MY Five Favorite Running Movies…


1. UNBREAKABLE, WESTERN STATES 100…If this movie does not inspire you to run an Ultra, nothing will.  The 100 mile barrier is still just a dream to me, but every time I watch this movie it gets a little bit closer.



2.  SPIRIT OF THE MARATHON…Call me a wuss, if you want to but every time I watch this movie I get choked up.  The marathon is more then 26.2 miles….there is a story inside everyone.


3.  RUNNING ON THE SUN, THE BADWATER 135...The believable story, unbelievable race, unbelievable movie.  I watched this movie about 3 years ago, and unfortunately the movie has turned into a cult following and it near impossible to find a copy to watch.


4.  RUN FAT BOY, RUN…A charming but oblivious overweight guy leaves his fiancee on their wedding day only to discover years later that he really loves her. To win her back, he must finish a marathon while making her love him in return.


5.  ULTRA MARATHON MAN…50 Marathons 50 States 50 Days, Documenting Dean Karnazes, attempt to run 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 consecutive days to raise awareness for youth obesity and to get America active.  Inspirational movie on running, Great movie on the logistics of holding a marathon, let alone 50 of them and a great story every stop alone the way.


What is your favorite running movie and why? 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen any of these! I've been dying to see Unbreakable. I really need to order these. Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete