Friday, February 24, 2012

Places I WISH I Would Have Run…

During a 20 year military career you get to see a lot of the world.  Over my time in the US Air Force, I was deployed or stationed at some truly wonderful locations.  Some of these locations offered some of the best and most scenic running venues any runner could ask for.  Unfortunately for me…there were a few places I did not get to lace up the shoes and go for run.  Here are the places I wish I would have run.

-- Edinburgh, Scotland, I thought it would have been so much fun to run the streets of around the castle and the hustle and bustle of downtown.  I did get to eat the hagus…joy, do what?

-- Ireland, the rolling green hills were so beautiful.

-- Akrotiri, Cyprus, a great place for some wonderful beach runs.

-- Wake Island, not much on the island but it would have been fun to run it.

-- Rome, Italy, what can I say how great it would have been to run around the Coliseum.

-- Athens, Greece my biggest running regret of all time.  I stood outside of Olympic stadium and so wanted to jump the short fence and do a lap on the track…running in the foot steps of the immortals.

Where have you been, but did not get the opportunity to lace up your shoes and go for a run?

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment