Saturday, February 4, 2012

January A Look Back…

With the start of every New Year comes the “New Years Resolutions,” the listing of New Goals and New dreams.  And although I had a good 2011, 2012 looks to be even better on the running front.  My goals for 2012 are as follows:

Run 3 marathons
Run 1500 miles this year
24 hour run with 75 miles
Run a 20 miler once a month
Race at least once each month
Not miss a scheduled training run
Not have more then 2 days off in a row without a really good reason
(i.e. marathon or ultra recovery)

And the biggest goal, get my friend Susan C. thru her first marathon.

So one month into 2012 let’s see how we are doing.

1500 Miles run:  To reach 1500 miles I need 125 miles per month, In January I ran 144.1 miles over 19 days, with 19 extra miles, I’m on target, so far so good.  January’s runs included one race, a 5K, the shortest run at 5 miles, two long training runs, 16 and 20 miles, and never going more then two days in a row missing a run.  It was during the 16 mile long run that I went over 9000 miles during my running career (since Aug 2000).  I did miss one scheduled training run, and that was to perform a good deed for a friend.  I’m going to give myself a mulligan on the missing training run.  I would say January was a success.

Run 3 marathons: I’ve run five marathons in my career, the most in one year being two (my first and second) in 2005.  I have not run a full marathon so far, but I’m signed up to run the Shamrock Marathon in March.  I’m actively seeking a second and third marathon for 2012.  Susan C is on target and plans on running Shamrock for her first Marathon.

24 Hour Run, I’m mentally checked in but have not registered yet.  I have talked two other running pals into running this event with me and have a support plan in place.  My goal of 75 miles looks reachable.  I’ve run this twice before never going the full 24 hrs, I’ve reached 50 miles in 12 hrs and 52.5 miles in 16 hrs.  This year I want to be in the event the entire 24 hours and I’ll adapt a new approach; running 10 minutes and walking 5 with limited time off the course.  Just need the cash!

It’s February let’s get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment