Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March A Look Back…

March A Look Back…

If you have been following my blog you know my goals for 2012 are as follows:

I WILL Run:
- three marathons
- 1500 miles this year
- a 20 miler once a month
- a 24 hour run with 75 miles
- a race at least once each month
- all of my scheduled training runs and not have more then two days off in a row without a really good reason (i.e. marathon or ultra recovery)

And the biggest goal, get my friend Susan C. thru her first marathon.

If you have not been following my blog, shame on you, but I forgive you.

So three months into the year let’s see how we are doing.

Run 3 marathons:  One down two to go….My friend Susan C and I ran the Shamrock Marathon, on 18 March.  This was Susan’s first and my 6th marathon; we kicked butt, meeting all of our goals.   I also was one of the lucky ones who managed to refresh their browser fast enough to registrar for the 2012 running of Marine Corp Marathon (MCM) in October.  The MCM sold 30,000 available online entries in 2 hours, 41 minutes, besting the previous registration record of eight hours.  I feel very fortunate to get in on this years race.  And for my third marathon I’m considering running Norfolk’s Freedom Marathon in November.  Can I run two marathons within 14 days?

Run 1500 Miles:  In March I ran 120.5 miles over 17 days, coming up just short of my monthly goal.  To reach my yearly goal I need to average 125 miles per month, and three months in I have 393.6 in the bank.  I’m on target, so far so good.  March’s runs included two races, the Marathon (26.2 miles) and the Monument 10k (6.2 miles) in Richmond.  Although tampering for Shamrock, I did NOT go more then two days in a row missing a planned run nor did I miss a scheduled training run.

Monument Ave 10K: A huge success…the race was great, the event was great and the organization was the best I have ever seen.  And on top of that, I ran my fastest 10K in 10 years 48m49s…Happy Dance. 

24 Hour Run, I survived Shamrock and I’m signed up for the VA 24-hour Run For cancer in April.  I hope to have three other runners and support crew with me this year.  My goal is to run the entire 24 hours with a goal of 75 Miles.  Stayed tuned http://va24hourrunforcancer.com/

You can follow me on Twitter @cledawgs

Did you meet all your running goals for March?

No comments:

Post a Comment