Monday, May 20, 2013


Cleveland Marathon Quick Race Recap

Running the Cleveland Marathon was a bucket list race for me.  Being a long suffering Browns fan, running this marathon with it's ties to my favorite sports team seamed natural.  And a good friend Tony M. would be running this as his first marathon so last fall I decide to run this race.  Being that I live in Va, it's a substantial investment in time and money, along with training hours to decide to run a marathon so far from home.  But I had no idea this would become the most expensive marathon EVER.

Race entry: $100.00

Hotel and fuel:  $500.00

Hitting a deer on the way: THOUSANDS


Running My 10th Marathon, seeing a friend run his first: Priceless

Cleveland Marathon, most expensive race ever, I hope!  A full race report will be posted in the next few days.


Finished in 4:24:43 but that's for another blog.

Home safe and sound...Blessed.

2 comments:

  1. You had a rough weekend but still a great race, you finished #10 and were there for a friend for his 1st, nothing can change those facts or diminish them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't put into words how much it meant to me to have you there. This was my third attempt at a marathon with late training injuries stopping me the first 2 times 20+ years ago. I think I had a lot more angst than most first timers. Let's face it. 16 months ago I was a 270 lb, 51 year old, 2 pack a day smoker. I was worried they would close the course before I finished. Your presence and support made it feel a lot more achievable and much less daunting. Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete