Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Faith

My Running Life is the subject I blog about the most, but it is not the only thing that is important in my life.

Why do I blog about running so much?  I guess it's something I feel "qualified" to write about.  I run, I race, I run marathons, and I've run Ultra-marathons.

Why do I not write about my faith more?  I guess because it's something I do not feel qualified to write about, I'm not a preacher, I've not studied theology, I'm just a regular dude.

Then it hit me...that makes me perfectly qualifed to talk about faith, my faith.  After all Jesus did not come to the world to be with the preachers, the educated in faith, or the ordained.....he came to be with sinners, with regular people who were lost...LIKE me!  

My Faith in my Savior is more important to me then running, and the love of my family is next...

Many have asked me about my faith and what I believe in.

I believe in GOD the Creator
GOD the father
GOD the son
and GOD the holy spirit.

And I believe in GOD's plan for each one of us.

 (Is this what Jesus looks like, I have no idea, but this is the picture
that I like the most and the one I have know the longest)

JOHN 3:16
  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


   Today I have a daily relationship with our LORD and Savior JESUS CHRIST….my thoughts are never far from him or his plans for me and my family.  On 14 March 2010 Michele and I were baptized as new CHRIST  followers…and our life has a whole new meaning for us.  My life has a new meaning for me.  I’m still Brian, I still have my cars, my Browns and my toys, but now all I do I try to center it on my relationship with CHRIST and my family, first.
 

  I’m by no means perfect and may never be, but I’ve repent from my old ways, I’ve turned from my sinful desires and if I do fall short I ask for forgiveness.  I believe a life in CHRIST is not about being perfect or better then someone else.  I belief what JESUS said during his short time witnessing to us.

Mark 16:15-17
  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
 JOHN 14:6 
  Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
ROMANS 10:9 
  For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
 
  In this short time JESUS has showed me he does have a plan for my life and he does answer prayers.  He has moved in my life and the life of my family…  If you feel a need to have CHRIST in your life…the time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment