Saturday, February 23, 2013

Silly Running Questions


I've been running long distances for over 13 years.  

And one of my favorite parts within the running life style is encouraging newcomers and answering questions.  Most of the times the questions focus on; "How do I start running and what type of shoes do I need?"  But occasionally I've fielded some pretty strange questions from family, friends and co-workers.  And I've heard some pretty funny running statements.

Sometimes I'm quick enough to have a funny reply, other times I'm just stuck there with a dumb look on my face.  On this blog update I'll share a few of my favorites.

Funny Running Questions

Q.  Got any runs coming up?
A.  I'm a runner I always have a run coming up.


Q.  Don't things chaff, I mean in "Manland?"  
A.  Is that near Disney?  


Q.  Is running a marathon hard?
A.  Not really, heck I can do it, you should give it a try.


Q.  Have you ever won a race?
A.  No, but I haven't been last yet. 


Q.  Are you a real runner
A.  I'm real and I run...so Yes, I think so. 


Q.  How do you relieve yourself during a marathon...do you go on yourself?
A.  I just stare at them.


Up-date Q. What do you eat after a marathon?
A. Everything!




Funny Running Related Statements

A friend of mine ran a 3.1 mile marathon.

If I trained, I could run a marathon.

I only run when I've stole something.   (Mmmm, Remind me to not invite you over to my house.)




So what funny running related question or statements have you heard? 

5 comments:

  1. The 3.1 Mile Marathon is always one of my favorites. I've been asked "So how long is THIS Marathon" Does the distance ever change? I mean, I know it FEELS like it gets longer as you're out there, but I'm pretty sure it's always the same.

    Fun post. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I had one non-running friend tell me running a 24 hour Ultra was no big deal. only thing I could say without ending friendship is "you have no idea what you just said."

      Run on, run strong!
      Brian

      Delete
  2. I think one of my biggest pet peeve is "If I trained, I could run a marathon..." as if they are telling me like I didn't know LOL. Great (and really funny) post Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie,
      If I trained....ha ha ha The marathon is the easy part...training is where the pain and sacrifice is.

      Brian

      Delete
  3. The topic of a "real runner" is both amusing and irritating. I've seen it come up from a few people during #runchat. We're all runners. And completely real.

    ReplyDelete