Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Marine Corp Marathon...I'm IN!

The Marine Corp Marathon sold out today in 2 hours and 41 minutes, that's the fastest US marathon sell out ever...it's also faster then it will take most people to finish the 26.2 mile journey.


BUT.......... I'm IN.....Happy Dance...



If all goes right this will be my 7th marathon...yet this is the second time I've tried to run the "Peoples Marathon."  My first attempt was in 2007, I was coming off a good running spring and wanted to run another marathon.  At the Shamrock half marathon expo I signed up to run the MCM...and the training began.  I ran all summer in intense heat, banging out three 20 mile long runs and was ready to go.  Then the unspoken happened....injury, no...sickness, no...death, no.  I got deployed 60 days before race day.  All those miles, all the heat, all the effort....ugh!

Since I could not run the Marine Corp Marathon, while deployed I ran the Al-Udied Half Marathon.....did I mention I ran it with 3 hours of sleep?

But this time....I'M RUNNING THE MARINE CORP MARATHON!

No comments:

Post a Comment