Thursday, March 1, 2012

February A Look Back…

 


If you have been following my blog you know my goals for 2012 are as follows:

I WILL Run:
- three marathons
- 1500 miles this year
- a 20 miler once a month
- a 24 hour run with 75 miles
- a race at least once each month
- all of my scheduled training runs and not have more then two days off in a row without a really good reason (i.e. marathon or ultra recovery)

And the biggest goal, get my friend Susan C. thru her first marathon.

If you have not been following my blog, shame on you, but I forgive you.

So two months into the year let’s see how we are doing.

Run 3 marathons:  Susan C and I are on target for the running of the Shamrock Marathon, 18 March.  This will be Susan’s first and my 6th.  Been thinking about running the Marine Corp Marathon and maybe Norfolk’s Freedom Marathon (Oct28 /Nov11).

1500 Miles:  To reach 1500 miles I need 125 miles per month, In February I ran 129 miles over 18 days, with 4 extra miles, To reach my yearly goal with two months in I should have 250 miles,  I have 273 miles in the bank.  I’m on target, so far so good.  February’s runs included one race, a 30K, which I turned into a long training run of 22 miles, and I did not go more then two days in a row missing a run.  I did NOT miss a scheduled training run. 

24 Hour Run, I’m still planning on running this, will sign up once I get past Shamrock.  http://va24hourrunforcancer.com/

Bonus Run of February, while in Miami, Fl I got to run with “The Raven.”  The Raven has run on Miami’s south beach for 37 years never missing a day.  For more info click here ravenrun.net


It’s March let’s get busy, time to SHAM ROCK ON! 

 We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard! Acts 4:20, ask me about my relationship with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment