Thursday, March 28, 2013

Marriage

My Thoughts On The Gay Marriage Debate.  pt2

UPDATE: Dec 2013  With the Duck Dynasty Headlines all over the internet, I thought I would offer up my post from last March.  And then I read this Blog post from a Pastor in South Carolina, and he in much better terms, much better English and grammar said what I tried to say.

PLEASE no matter what side of the opinion you're on please invest the time in reading this.

Duck Dynasty-Homosexuality-and-Political Correctness 

Do I think it is wrong to suspend the man from his TV show for his opinion, Yes I do.  Tell me A&E did not know his opinion when they first signed him.

What am I doing about this subject in my Christian walk? Mr Noble says it best:

James, the brother of Jesus, tells us in James 1:22-25 that the Bible is like a mirror with which we are to look into intently to see where we are lacking in our own lives; however, too many "Christians" have ceased to use the Bible as a mirror and began using it as a window, and instead of looking IN IT to see their issues they look THROUGH IT to judge and condemn others (despite what JESUS Himself said in John 3:17.)  

I will not look through the Bible at you.  I believe Christ directed me to tell the world about him, not judge the world.  I have been or are guilty of many of the sins listed in the bible.  I will not judge you, least I be judged.  I ask for forgiveness from GOD and will tell anyone willing to listen the good news of Jesus and how he has changed my life.  And if you have known me for more then five years...YOU have witnessed the change.

Love ya all
Brian

P.S.  I have to be honest, I really did not like the Duck Dynasty show, only part I liked was the prayer at the end.


Original Post

First, I ask that you read all my points before you change your opinion of me or worse, decide to hate me.

Second, You have to understand that I believe in the one true GOD, the GOD of creation and of the Bible.  I believe in the GOD the father, GOD the SON and GOD the holy spirit.

My thoughts:

#1  I believe GOD defined "marriage" in the Garden of Eden, when he created Man and then created Woman.

Genesis 2 :22 (NIV) 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

#2  I believe in the new convent of JESUS and his greatest commandment to us.

John 13:34 (NIV)  34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

#3  I don't believe Gov't should redefine what a "marriage" is, GOD has done that.  I do believe that same sex couples should enjoy the same benefits, protections and responsibilities as traditional marriages in the eyes and laws of the Gov't.  If we can invent "OBAMACARE" we can draft and accept a new civil union, same sex creed or understanding.  And still protection the original and time tested understanding of a "marriage."

#4  I will not judge, I am far from perfect.  I do not want to be judged by my friends, family or people I work with.  I will be judged by GOD (as we all will be) and I ask for and accept his plan for salvation.  I accept everyone on how they treat me and others.  I love, respect and welcome my friends and family for who they are, I will share life with them, I will pray for them and I will share my story with them in LOVE not judgement.

Life is hard enough.  We should not make life harder on each other.  We all deserve and desire to be loved by someone and accepted by all.  I only wish the best for everyone reading this.  Salvation first and always, love and acceptance by each other second.

GOD so loved the world, that he gave his ONE and ONLY son...


3 comments:

  1. So are you advocating that we should encourage homosexuals to be active in their homosexuality and enjoy the 'love' they share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,
      I think this defines my stance.

      "I will be judged by GOD (as we all will be) and I ask for and accept his plan for salvation. I accept everyone on how they treat me and others. I love, respect and welcome my friends and family for who they are, I will share life with them, I will pray for them and I will share my story with them in LOVE not judgement."

      "Salvation first and always, love and acceptance by each other second."

      Thanks for reading.
      Brian

      Delete