Thursday, November 1, 2012

Marathon Secret


I have a MARATHON of a secret…

Borrowing a line from a Twitter friend’s blog:  “So I got a little crazy a few months back and decided I wanted to see how far I could push myself.” 

My name is Brian, and….

I’ve watched the Dean Karnaze’s video “50 Marathons in 50 Days” too many times.
I plan my vacations around running events.
I’ve followed the exploits of runners who have run across the United States.
I can’t wait to watch Boston, London, NYC and the Olympic marathon trails on TV.
My Western States 100 video is about wore out.
I know where I was at when Paula Radcliffe had her melt down in Athens.
I’ve read blogs from other runners while they ran impressive marathon streaks.
I shed a tear when Deena Kastor won Bronze for the USA.
As soon as I’m done with one marathon I start looking forward to the next.

And then finally in a moment of utter weakness, some may even say desperation, I’ve visited the Marathon Maniacs web page and asked myself why can’t I?

Today I’m 10 days away from running my second marathon in 14 days.  

I ran the Marine Corp Marathon on Oct 28th in Washington D.C. and on Nov 11th I will run the Freedom Marathon in Norfolk, Va.  The Freedom Marathon will be my eight career Marathon, my third this year and my bid to join the Marathon Maniacs!


BRONZE LEVEL 
1. 2 Marathons within a 16 day time frame.
2. 3 Marathons within a 90 day time frame.



What is your marathon secret?  Are you a Maniacs?

No comments:

Post a Comment