Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nov Mind Dump


Running Mind Dump - The All I Want For Christmas...Edition

Random thoughts that enter my mind while running down the autobahn of life. (cliff bars, the voice, israel and hamas, charlie’s angles, brad pitt, channing taylor, turkey trot, robin williams, marathon, nyc marathon, Christmas, cherry blossom 10 miler, genie, run a sub 4 hour marathon, nike, air pegasus, olympics, athens, puppy breath, magic mike, wine, grapes, cold)

Un-Running Related:

--  Food Recommendation:  I just found the wonder of “Clif Bars

 
--  Music Recommendation:  Been watching the show “The Voice” and can’t wait for Terry McDermott to record a CD 

--  Movie Recommendation:  Lincoln….very good!  Side note, a friends father played a role in the movie...can you spot him?  Read his review here.



--  Worried about the world:  Israel and Hamas and the mess over NYC Marathon

Running Related:

--  In their “Charlie’s Angles” Glory Days, who would have the better marathon time, Jaclyn Smith, Farrah Fawcett, or Kate Jackson?



--  Equal time…Who wins in a 100 yard dash, Channing Taylor or Brad Pitt? 

-- Turkey Trot Revenge:  Ran my tail feathers off & set 10K PR, then could not keep down the thanksgiving meal…on a positive side, all the fun, no calories! 

-- Magic Genie (played by Robin Williams) grants you a last marathon PR at any race in the world…where would you run it?  It’s Athens, Greece for me!



--  Ran in 18 degrees wind chill…and thought I’m crazy logging miles outside until I saw a worker tending to the slumbering grape vines, he was just standing there working away.  I had a pretty happy run after that.

-- When the horn at work goes of…I think, I get to run tonight!

-- I’ve been a pretty good Runner Guy this year, 14 races, 1 PR two sub 4:30 Marathons and a 200 mile relay….so here is my My Christmas Shopping List, in case anyone wants to get me something.

    -  A stride like Ryan Hall’s….he covers something like 6’4”

    -  Entry into next year’s Cherry Blossom 10 miler

    -  A pair of Air Pegasus shoes that look like THE Cleveland Browns helmet

    -  Sub 4:00 Marathon time, is that Genie still around?

    -  Meniscus fixer in a can, so my wife can run with me

    -  A race calendar like @runlikeacoyote who inspired this list

    -  A tazer, that zaps would be drivers who are about to run me over, this tazer would not harm them but would make them wet themselves

    -  Forever perfect 70 degree days w/just the right amount of humidity and breeze

    -  A magic button to enter any marathon/race I want with just one push…oh and it’s paid for!

   -  Re-tweets to everything I tweet on Twitter…there is nothing better then RT Love! Except puppy breath!

Heavier Then Running Related:
-- Is there something that you are currently taking for granted?


Psalm 118

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment