Tuesday, July 31, 2012

MCM Plan


13 Week Marine Corp Marathon Plan
The first test run was done without any pain.  Now if my knee holds up, I’ll be jumping into my 13 week marathon plan.  Since realizing I had to stop running I’ve held on to the hope I could still make the Marine Corp Marathon.  But where to begin, how much fitness did I loss going from pounding the pavement to working over the elliptical?  To map out a road to the marathon I took a 16 week Runners World plan and sliced off three weeks and two 20 mile runs.  I also had to ease into the miles, fearing too many miles to fast may set back my recovery.  Below you will see the first two weeks of my run up to 28 October and Washington D.C. 

WEEK 1
Monday           3 (check)
Tuesday          off
Wednesday     4
Thursday         4
Friday             off      
Saturday          6
Sunday            off


WEEK 2
Monday           6
Tuesday          off
Wednesday     5
Thursday         6
Friday             off      
Saturday          8
Sunday            off

Going from 9 straight months with a 20 mile run, 13 straight months over 100 miles and knowing I was in solid marathon shape to questioning on own fitness has been humbling.  Losing confidence in my legs and in my knee has been down right scary.

To get back out on the road, I must trust.

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:4-7

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I have tried to run through knee pain and finally after 4 marathons I am resolved that a 10mile race once a year is as far as I can push. I enjoy running several days a week, just a few less miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn, The knees are a funny thing. I hope to get past this, we will find out!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete