Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 5

I'm Not Happy With Myself....

Week 5
Monday             7 (8.25 miles) 
Tuesday         off
Wednesday      7 (8.15 miles)
Thursday        off
Friday             off (2.25 miles...100 miles for the month)     
Saturday         off
Sunday          15.5 (DNS = NOT Happy)
Total 18.65 miles 

Monday: The week started off really well when I stretched this run a little longer then planned.  At the end of this run I felt like I was getting back to my old running self...no knee pain.
  
Wednesday: I ran another extended run working towards my goal of 100 miles for the month.  This run was another of a streak of painless runs I am starting to a mass.
  
Friday: I got up at "O-Dark Early" because I needed to make up a few miles for missed runs along the way.  100 Miles for a come back month felt pretty good and I was feeling like I was getting back some of my runner swag.  After my Friday run my wife and I needed out for a little Labor Day Honeymoon getaway and a 25k trail race thrown in as well.  Even though we have been married 21 years any time away with my honey is a honeymoon to me...this is Honeymoon number 75 or so.  The trip was great, our first time to Pigeon Forge, TN and we really enjoyed the shows (Hatfield's & McCoy Dinner Show and the Comedy Barn Comedy show).
Sunday:  Because of some poor time planning and not getting to eat right on Saturday....I did not run the 25K trail race.  Although that seamed like the right call at 1100 Saturday night, I would have had to get up at 4 a.m. to make race start.  I WAS NOT HAPPY with myself Sunday morning.  I put on my best happy face and enjoyed the bonus time with my Mrs...but I hated not making that race.  I'm over it, but know I need to make up those miles....!

Have you ever DNS because of poor planning....how did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment