Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Flag Day


I am the flag of the United States of America.





I was born on June 14, 1777, in Philadelphia.


There the Continental Congress adopted my stars and stripes as the national flag.



My thirteen stripes alternating red and white, with a union of thirteen white stars in a field of blue, represented a new constellation, a new nation dedicated to the personal and religious liberty of mankind.



Today fifty stars signal from my union, one for each of the fifty sovereign states in the greatest constitutional republic the world has ever known.



My colors symbolize the patriotic ideals and spiritual qualities of the citizens of my country.



My red stripes proclaim the fearless courage and integrity of American men and boys and the self-sacrifice and devotion of American mothers and daughters.



My white stripes stand for liberty and equality for all.



My blue is the blue of heaven, loyalty, and faith.



I represent these eternal principles: liberty, justice, and humanity.



I embody American freedom: freedom of speech, religion, assembly, the press, and the sanctity of the home.



I was created in freedom. I made my first appearance in a battle for human liberty.  God grant that I may spend eternity in my "land of the free and the home of the brave" and that I shall ever be known as "Old Glory," the flag of the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment