Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Sunday

Back from Vacation and back on the road.

WOW Amy Hastings (US Olympian) ran an awesome 10000 meters...inspiring!
 NBC Video

+17 days since the doctor told me to take a few days (14) off.  This morning (Sunday) my second run back went well.  5.5 miles in hot and humid conditions.  No knee pain and my legs felt good.  I don't think I lost anything in my aerobic conditioning.  Now it's getting back to my summer training.

This week I'll ease back into my routine...keeping my runs on flat surfaces.  July 4th we have the Freedom 8k which I'll run around 80% effort and tackle the hills as they come.  On 14 July I have a group run from Jamestown settlement to Yorktown battle fields.  A very pretty and hilly 20+ miles.

Some of the fall out of my recovery time.  First month I'll fall short of 100 miles in over a year.  And my monthly streak of running a 20 miler is over as I failed to get one in during the month of June.

Bummer....but the lack of knee pain is a good trade off.

GOD has blessed me greater then I ever thought possible.

How is your running going?  Post a comment and tell us about it.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are coming back! Don't sweat the 20 miler streak and don't go trying to get in a 40 miler to make up for it ;)

    ReplyDelete