Friday, June 1, 2012

MAY, A RUNNING LOOK BACK…




If you have been following my blog you know my goals for 2012 are as follows:

I WILL Run:
- three marathons
- 1500 miles this year
- a 20 miler once a month
- a 24 hour run with 75 miles (check)
- a race at least once each month
- all of my scheduled training runs and not have more then two days off in a row without a really good reason (i.e. marathon or ultra recovery)

And the biggest goal, get my friend Susan C. thru her first marathon. (check)

If you have not been following my blog, shame on you, but I forgive you.

So five months into the year let’s see how we are doing.

Run 3 Marathons:  One down two to go…. It has been over two months since Shamrock marathon and I’m getting the itch…the marathon itch.  As it stands right now my second marathon of 2012 will be the Marine Corp Marathon 28 Oct and my third marathon will be Norfolk’s Freedom Marathon 11 Nov.  I’ve signed up and paid for both so I have some skin in the game…the money is on the line.

Run 1500 Miles:  In May I ran 126.57 miles over 18 days, barely exceeding my goal for the month.  I was hoping for more miles this month, but after the beating my feet took from April’s Ultra, I’m happy with what I got.  With five months of the year gone I have 668.35 miles in the bank.  I’m ahead of my target, so far so good.  May’s miles got me closer to the 10,000 mile mark!

May’s Run: Just one race and one 20 miler in the month of May.  I ran in the Run for the Dream Half Marathon in Williamsburg.  And although only a half marathon, two friends and I ran an extra 7 miles prior to race start to make this a 20 Mile Run. Killing two running birds with one run, this 20 miler was my 6th of the year.  My goal for the race portion was to finish the half in under 2 hours, I did just that coming in at 1h58m38s.  I did NOT go more then two days in a row missing a run, and I made all but one planned run.  The day I missed was along shot to begin with so I’m not going to be hard on myself.

May’s Favorite Blog Post:  Your minds eye has a picture of you, that may be a bit different then reality.  Check it out 


You can follow me on Twitter @cledawgs

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are some pretty nice goals!! I wish I could run the Freedom Marathon in Norfolk too but it's too close to my goal race. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, which is your goal race?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete