Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 2


Week 2 (11 weeks until MCM)

Once you go without "it"…having "it" back reminds you just why you RUN!

The feeling of getting back on my feet would be described as “cautious but hopeful” but entering my second week, the come back feels real.  And I’m beginning to see myself running the Marine Corp Marathon in 11 short week.

Last week I managed to log 16 miles (3, 4 and 9 miles) but the week was not about the total miles it was getting back into a routine. It was about testing out the knee and it was about getting in some kind of long run.  The long run, I could not have asked for that to go any better.  I ran with great friends, the miles were easy and I felt strong.  The knee was NEVER an issue.  As good as I felt I could have gone into double digits, easy.  Week one was a success both physically and mentally.

Week 2 will see a pick up in miles and the first “back to back” running days in what feels like forever…(6 weeks.)

WEEK 2
Monday           4 (check)
Tuesday          off
Wednesday     5
Thursday         6
Friday             off      
Saturday          6
Sunday            off

Here’s to a success week…pray for me and wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment